Montag, 22. Juni 2015

REVIEW: “DELIRIUM TRILOGY” BY LAUREN OLIVER


"Ninety-five days, and then I’ll be safe. I wonder whether the procedure will hurt. I want to get it over with. It’s hard to be patient. It’s hard not to be afraid while I’m still uncured, though so far the deliria hasn’t touched me yet. Still, I worry. They say that in the old days, love drove people to madness. The deadliest of all deadly things: It kills you both when you have it and when you don’t."

The books take place in a dystopian city where the government spreads the word that love is a disease. When you turn 18 you get a surgery which cures you from the disease and afterwards you get paired with your future husband or wife.
The story is about 17-year-old Lena Haloway who lives with her aunt, uncle and cousins because her parents both died.
She can’t wait to be cured because her mother is assumed to have killed herself due to her “illness”.
Per coincidence Lena met a boy named Alex who seems to be cured. They become friends but soon they discover feelings for each other. Lena is scared at the beginning but learning more and more about the “disease” she discovers that not everything is as it seems.. 
I know that a lot of people are huge fans of the trilogy but I have to say that I sadly didn't like it. At all.
The books started slow, in my opinion and Lena annoyed me so much. I thought of her as whiny, easily influenced and not capable of doing anything by herself. 99.9% of my thoughts during this book were 'girl, get over yourself'
I kind of liked the third book but just because the point of views changed between her and her friend Hana.
I liked the idea of turning love into a plague because it is one of the most human needs and to take it away seems anxious because who can imagine a world without love?
I'm happy for you if you enjoyed the story but those books were just not my cup of tea.
“Delirium” was also in discussion of becoming a TV show but got canceled.
Would you have watched it?
Did you like the choice about the cast? (If you do not know who would have been casted you can have a look here)
They also released 6 minutes of footage from the “Delirium” Pilot, you can watch it here, what is your opinion about it?


Let me know!

I'd rate this serie 2/5 stars!

Lots of love

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen